Monday, June 21, 2010

The Lost Hero


Rick Riordan, the Percy Jackson Series author, has announced his next series!! And I, being a total book nerd, had to spread the news! The Lost Hero comes out on October 12th. Just today, two chapters have come out as the first sneak peek! And of course, it ends with a cliff hanger.
Rick Riordan said on his blog:

"This morning, Entertainment Weekly provided an exclusive sneak peek at the cover for The Lost Hero! The book will launch my new series The Heroes of Olympus on October 12, and I have to say this cover may be my favorite yet by master illustrator John Rocco. The EW article also provided the secret password (newhero) to unlock the first two chapters of the book on the Heroes of Olympus site.

I hope you enjoy the sneak peek! Heroes of Olympus will be a five-book series. It is set in Percy Jackson’s world, and Percy has an important role to play in the series. At different points in the series, you will get to catch up with most of the characters from the first series, but The Lost Hero also features a new cast of main characters, so I’m being careful not to call it a “Percy Jackson series.” It’s a little bit more than that. I’m also not calling it a “Camp Half-Blood series,” because it’s a little bit more than that, too . . . Ah, but that’s as much as I can say for now. When the book comes out in October, you’ll see what I mean."

Oh my, I'm SO excited!



No comments:

Post a Comment